Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rain and Rainbows

I was at my part time job tonight, delivering pizzas. It had turned cloudy when I got to work, then the winds picked up. It started raining, first softly, then harder, then it would let up, and start over again. During one of the breaks in the rain, I was on a delivery, and looked up into the sky and saw part of a huge rainbow. Then I saw the other end of it, and realized it was a huge, full, double rainbow. It looked as if it touched the ground on both ends.

When I got back to the store, I took a couple of pictures with my phone, but the rainbow was so huge, I could only get part of it. The main rainbow was bright and vivid, while its "shadow" was soft and subdued. I wish I could have taken a picture of the entire thing. I think rainbows are so amazing. Vivid colors against a cloudy, dark sky. I only barely understand the idea of light reflecting through a prism, or though water, and splitting into the color spectrum. But what is there to understand when you see it? It's just nature at its best. Another testiment of God's amazing love for us. There is always light, brightness and goodness to off-set trial and darkness. A promise that God will always be there.

No comments: