Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring is Springing

Well, hi. It's been quite a while since I have posted anything. The reason? Well, mostly I'm just lazy. But also, my entries would have looked something like this:

Went snowshoeing today. It was beautiful.
It snowed today.
The pond is still frozen.
Went snowshoing today. Saw some deer tracks.
Went snowshoeing today. The family I took had a great time.
It snowed today.
etc.

So, it was a lot of the same things. But today I have something different to say.

Spring is coming! I love winter, don't get me wrong. But the coming of spring is just a fun and exciting time. There is one bird, the Red-winged Blackbird, that comes back in the sping, and when I see it, and especially when I hear it, it shouts SPRING to me. Well, its back. And singing its lovely warbling, trill.

Other birds are making their annual spring migration. And I look forward to talking about them as they come passing through.

Oh, I also saw the little muskrat yeaterday, munching on some pond veggies.

No comments: