Monday, June 18, 2007

KBG and more weeds

After three days of tilling, weeding, and more tilling (on and off of course), I finally finished prepping my front curb for new grass. I had a little help, which was nice, but they didn't want to do the tilling - they just helped with getting the weeds out and sweeping up.

So then we threw seeds down, and covered them with peat moss. It looks much better now even before the grass comes up.

Now I just hope the grass actually comes up. Its been pretty hot. The seed bag says to avoid planting when temps are consistently above 80. Well the first two days after putting the seed down, the temps have been in the 90's. But yesterday was cooler, and today feels like it might be cooler. So we just keep it watered (3 or 4 or 5 times a day).

I was excited the other day when I saw something starting to sprout. It didn't look like grass, but then I wasn't sure what new germinating grass looked like. So I looked it up. It's not grass. They are new little weeds poking through. So yesterday, although I felt like I was fighting a loosing battle, I went out, with my roommate, and we pulled those little devils.

So now it's just a waiting and a watering game.

Sad how the most exciting thing in my life right now is anxiously waiting for grass to grow.

No comments: