Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Seasons Changing

I stepped out of my house this morning just before 7:00 a.m. and felt the shift in the air. That crisp coolness that betrays the coming of autumn. It felt wonderful and quite refreshing.

Shifts and changes are always a part of nature. Change is constant, and it's good. It brings new life, new discoveries, new smells, different perspectives. I love how the world looks in autumn, and just as wonderful to me is how it looks and feels under a blanket of snow. Spring brings new hope and life and a welcome greening to the world. Summer is full of life, and often death, as well as endless discoveries.

As much as I love each season, and being right in the middle of it, I think it's the process of changing from season to season that I anticipate and enjoy the most. That noticeable shift in the air. Each shift stirs my soul in different ways, and I love them all.

No comments: