Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sunshine and Snow

I arrived late to work due to some bad weather. The canyon was closed for a while, which meant I got to lounge around the house for a little longer this morning. Rather than lounging, however, I shoveled part of the driveway, then went inside for French Toast. By that time, the canyon was open.

When I got to work, the sky was clearing, and everything looked so beautiful under a fresh layer of snow.

I did more shoveling with a co-worker and snapped a few pics of the loveliness.

My co-worker taking a break.


Can you spot the evergreen tree in the ice crystals?


Looking out over the frozen pond. The ducks have moved to the warm springs.


I'm pretty excited about all the snow we have this year. I have a couple of snow cave classes coming up, and it sure is easier to build a snow cave when there's snow to work with.

2 comments:

Bevson said...

Ok. Snow cave? Is it sorta like an igloo for emergency shelter??? I can see where some snow would be helpful.

Wendy said...

That's exactly what it is. Much easier and quicker than building an igloo. I'll be sure to take some pictures to share.