Monday, September 29, 2008

Morning Walk

Although I live surrounded by concrete and asphalt, this little valley has some wonderful little natural areas that I very much enjoy exploring and visiting. One of these little gem spots is the Jordan River Parkway. This is a pathway that runs north - south through the valley and will eventually, through communities working together, connect Utah Lake with the Great Salt Lake.

Significant portions of this pathway already line the river, providing access to non-motorized boaters, bikers, walkers, runners, and of course birders and nature lovers.

The last time I ventured forth, I enjoyed watching and listening to a variety of birds, the river slowly meandering along, and the occasional change of color from tans, browns and greens, to fantastic hot pinks!

3 comments:

Marlo said...

very cool.
I'll have to add that to the list of positive reasons for a possible move ;)

nina at Nature Remains. said...

We have a fairly extensive bikeway (converted RR tracks) that similarly meanders.
I enjoy seeing how many families it attracts.

Nicole said...

This is so beautiful. I love your pics.