Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rainy Morning

It was just sprinkling yesterday when I got up; gray sky, cool temperatures. I bundled up to take my roommate's son to school, came back, opened the blinds so I could see the rain outside, and then curled up on the couch. It's been a while since I've had a sleepy, rainy day. I dozed. For quite a while. My dog dozed, but she always does. She doesn't need an excuse like rain.

Finally I knew that I'd end up spending the entire day there on the couch, and I did have a lot to get done, so I needed some motivation to get up and get moving. I decided to take my dog on a walk - yep, it was still raining. Harley didn't mind. She doesn't much like water, but she loves walks, so that love overruled her dislike of being wet.

It was very invigorating. Just what I'd hoped for. Refreshing, enlivening, brisk. When we got back I was ready to take on my day.

I love a rainy day. And a walk.

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I love rainy days too and it is oh so easy to just have a lazy day and not do anything else but enjoy being lazy. I'm glad you and your dog went for a walk and felt better for it. It's going to be a lot cooler here tomorrow. My lazy day was today but tomorrow it's back to work :)

Deejbrown said...

Rainy days are blessings. Let's face it; we'll die without them. They give me permission to wallow in day-long meditations of quiet music and sweet reflections about what is important in life.