Friday, October 10, 2008

SkyWatch Friday

I missed SkyWatch last Friday. So I am including several images from a quiet little walk I took around Silver Lake, in Big Cottonwood Canyon earlier this week. It was a beautiful, cool morning. Only a few people out and about. The aspens were golden, the sky was blue. And the air. What can I say about the smell and feel of the air? It just makes you want to breathe deeply.

The boardwalk heading around the lake

Golden aspens and deep blue sky

Sky's reflection

Aspens and blue sky

"Sun dog" and aspen

Final aspen and blue sky

13 comments:

Guy D said...

Fantastic autumn colors and reflections. Great pics. Thanks for sharing

Cheers

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, soft fall colors. glad you're back - missed your skywatch last week.

Ivar Østtun said...

Perfect pics. Love the beautiful colors. Very well done :-)

imac said...

Looks a fantastic walk with all those colours.great shots and post.

FO - 2 said...

WOW!
I just love this series!
Amazing colors! :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Really pretty, wonderview views.

Coloradolady said...

This is my favorite combination of colors in photos. Gold aspens and blue skies. Lovely photos.

Unknown said...

Lovely series!

Anonymous said...

These are just gorgeous. I love SWF! The second and last are my faves. Thanks so much for a trip into such beauty. And I've posted some peach-colored clouds too, so stop by if you have time.

Anonymous said...

Your series of pictures are beautiful - the color contrast is so breath-taking. I especially like the texture of the clouds in the 2nd shot, and the reflection in the water of the 3rd. Very nicely captured. Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing my Elk this week. Happy SWF.

Arija said...

All such beautiful photos, stuning autumn colours, blue skies and wonderful trees.

jefferies said...

Ah...I miss it up there! Your pics remind me of 1997 when we all hiked A&B in October!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous photos. I love the one with the reflection of the sky. awesome!