Friday, May 19, 2006

Sunset

My roommate got me started on this blog, and mostly I have no idea what I'm doing. But I do have a wonderful job that allows me to spend a lot of time outdoors, on hikes with kids, on my hands and knees looking for bugs in ponds, watching and listening for birds, smelling sage brush, pointing out stars to others. It's a wonderful job, and there are so many amazing things to discover each day. So I've decided to try and record some of these experiences and thoughts here. I'm not a writer, or photographer. I just love nature, and I love sharing it with others.

It's interesting sitting here in my living room, at the computer, in a home situated right off one of the busiest streets in the city and still be able to look out the front window, and experience the blues, grays, reds, oranges and yellows of the setting sun and feel the peace of nature it brings. Its been very hot the past few days, and today we finally had some wonderful, cooling rain. The sky is still mostly covered by clouds, but just enough sunlight poked through to set the horizon ablaze.

It's nice to be able to find nature everywhere.

No comments: