Saturday, August 04, 2007

Nice Day

I've been outside at work moving huge piles of mulch from place to place. I'm doing it the slow way, with a shovel and a bucket, but it gets me outside and moving. The mulch is wonderful. I wish I had a way to take a load home with me. It smells wonderful, and its very warm as it decomposes. Its full of pine needles, which adds a lovely aroma, but also, what grows under pine trees? Not a whole lot of much. So I'm sure it will do a wonderful job of keeping the weeds down - something I could really use in my yard.
While I was out moving this stuff around I noticed a large bird soaring above the visitor center pond. So I stopped and watched (I have a tough job, I know). It was an Osprey looking for fish in the pond. I really wanted it to see one and dive for it. But it didn't. It just soared around for a bit, then moved on.

I took a group of kids on a little walk earlier this afternoon. We were looking for rabbits, squirrels, and chipmunks. We didn't see any rabbits, but we did see and hear squirrels and chipmunks. And we saw lots of scat. Kids always love that kind of stuff - so do it, actually. So it was a fun little trip.
It has been hard to be at work the last few days, but then I get to do stuff like this, and it helps.


No comments: