Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dirt Time

Have you had yours?

In my cubical at work I have a little piece of paper with these words printed on it: "Have you had your dirt time today?"

It is a reminder to me of the importance of getting outside and discovering and learning through being there, not just from a book or the internet. And it's not just about learning; the real message is allowing and making time to play, wonder, and just be outside. I think I may have to add one of these pictures to that quote now, to get a real sense of just how important that dirt time is.

These are two of my nieces and they get it; children usually do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. The cutest dirty faces I have seen in a long time. Kids should be allowed to get dirty.

Corey said...

Cute kids!

Deejbrown said...

My happiest days are often when I am out in the garden dirt, with soil under my fingernails and mud in my hair. Great shots!

jefferies said...

Ah, fantastic! I can usually tell how good our day was by how dirty we are by the end of the day. Cute nieces!