Saturday, August 08, 2009

A Nice Walk

Yesterday the weather was perfectly beautiful. There were some clouds, but the temperature was perfect. So to kill a little time between programs, I took a short hike just to see what I could find.

The birds were very active. Especially Spotted Towhees. I got some good looks at a few, others were more elusive. If you click on this picture, you can get a good look at the red eye.

Along the trail, I found a nice bunch of Service Berries.

Mmmm. Don't they look good?

I thought so. And not long after taking this picture, I wished I had more.

My walk ended on a nice note, with this Western Tanager popping up just long enough to get his picture taken.

2 comments:

Deejbrown said...

Great photos! What do service berries taste like?

Wendy said...

Service berries taste yummy. :) Sweet, a little like honey. But then, how do you describe a taste? I introduced them to some scouts today, and they loved 'em.