Thursday, April 19, 2012

No-See-um Update

Well, hi. So less than 24 hours later I need to update the gnat info. They are now at the "drive you insane" stage.

I took a very brave and good-natured group out on a little adventure this morning down to the lake side. Once we got to the beach all was well. It was just traveling from the parking lot to the beach and back that gave everyone a wonderful taste (sometimes literally) of the extent of the gnats on the island. Everyone was covered in them. None of us had head nets. So all of us got swarmed and chewed on.

I've considered buying head nets for visiting school groups. I think I'll follow up on that idea.

2 comments:

Sybil said...

Stoopid no-seeums.

Deejbrown said...

Catching up on your wonderful blog here!
We have no-see-ums here in NJ and also black flies that many are allergic to. They have quite a bite and actually leave a running blood smear.
I would wear a head net--no prob!